Beaver Bank Kinsac Community Centre
A not-for-profit organization, dedicated to building a stronger community by providing a multi-purpose gathering place for people of all ages.
Hello Beaver Bank! With the uncertainty surrounding COVID we are not sure what Remembrance Day Ceremonies will look like this year. We would like to honour our Veterans by creating a virtual tribute to Veterans in our community! We are asking you to submit a photo and short bio about Veterans in your family, and in our community, to be featured in this tribute. The video will be shared on our social media platforms and web site as well as at the community centre on Remembrance Day provided we are able to move forward with a service. We would like to make this a permanent fixture of Remembrance Day in our community and keep adding and sharing the video for years to come. To submit your Veteran stories please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lest We Forget ❤️
1 year Term Position: Commencing approximately November 2020
Application deadline is midnight, October 23rd, 2020
The Beaver Bank Kinsac Community Centre is a not-for-profit organization, dedicated to building a stronger community by providing a multipurpose gathering place for people of all ages.
Accountable to the Board of Directors, and reporting directly to the Board Chair, the Facility Coordinator is responsible for the ongoing integrity and maintenance of the community centre's accounting function, office management, public relations, providing information to prospective customers, and coordinating the administrative aspects of programs and functions in the community centre. This is a position of trust, integrity and required confidentiality and tact in dealing with the community.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
· Financial management:
o Weekly book keeping, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, quarterly reporting, budgets.
o Weekly bank run.
o Other book keeping as required.
· Office Management:
o Answering phones, monitoring voicemail and replying to public inquiries. Preparing rental contracts, ongoing organization of file system and office space including replenishing supplies and gathering quotes.
o Serving as a liaison with cleaning staff as well as other sub contractors in the building and reporting all maintenance issues to the Board for further direction.
o Facility tours.
o Other office duties as required.
· Marketing/ Research & Advertising
o Coordinating use of signage as per the BBKCC sign guidelines.
o Develop and maintain Beaver Bank Kinsac Community Centre web site & social media sites.
o Promotion of centre rental spaces, programming and events including advertisement design.
· Events and Recreational Services
o Implement and deliver recreation programs and services.
o Hire vendors and staff for events and programs.
o Recruit volunteers for events.
o Organizing community events including obtaining permits and grants.
o Staff screening.
· Other related duties as required by the Board of Directors
• Recent experience in an administrative environment, not for profit community centre an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (tact, judgment and confidentiality)
• Experience using google sites to develop and maintain online content.
• Proficient social media skills.
• A high level of proficiency in the Windows environment, including the full suite of Microsoft Office software products and e-mail systems such as Outlook.
• Familiarity with standard office equipment e.g. fax machines, photocopiers, etc.
• Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Experience using Simply Accounting or similar program.
• Knowledge of the community, associations, contacts and resources an asset.
• Experience in recreation and/or community development an asset
To apply for this position please submit your resume to email@example.com. We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.