The Beaver Bank Kinsac Community Centre office will be closed Monday May 20th.
Notice of Annual General Meeting of Members
Take notice that the Annual General Meeting of members of the Beaver Bank Kinsac Community Centre will be held at Beaver Bank Kinsac Community Centre, 1583 Beaver Bank Road, Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia, on Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 at 7:00 pm for the purpose of:
- Receiving of minutes of the preceding general meeting;
- Consideration of the annual reports of Directors and Officers;
- Consideration of the annual financial statements and the report of the External Accountant thereon;
- Consideration of the budget for the ensuing year;
- Election of Directors for the ensuing year;
- Appointment of the External Accountant;
- Transacting such other business as may properly come before the meeting.
- Annual Business award and thank yous.
Dated May 13, 2019 on behalf of the Board of Directors.
please note: these are volunteer positions
The BBKCC Board of Directors is recruiting new members! We always welcome Directors but currently have some openings on our Executive as listed below!
Staff / Volunteer: Volunteer
Term: One -year term with the option to renew for a further one-year, with a minimum of three years before holding this position again.
The Board Secretary is accountable to the Board of Directors and the membership in general.
The Secretary is responsible for general correspondence and for internal communication within the Society. All incoming correspondence shall be passed through the Secretary for recording prior to action.
Board Secretary is responsible for the following:
- Issues notices and agendas
- Prepares, maintains and distributes minutes for meetings of the general membership and of the Executive Committee.
- Record and relay all correspondence for the BBKCC.
The following are considered key job qualifications:
- Knowledge of the community
- Commitment to BBKCC’s mission
- Time (as required)
- Openness to learning
A Secretary’s performance is evaluated annually by the Board of Directors and is based on the carrying out of responsibilities and duties as outlined above.
Position: Bar Manager
Term: One year, renewable
The Bar Manager is accountable to the Board of Directors.
The Bar Manager has no authority, except that which has been specifically approved by the Board of Directors as required.
The Bar Manager is responsible for the operation and management of all bar operations for the BBKCC. In the event the Bar Manager cannot carry out his/her duties the Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors would temporarily assume this role until such time as the Bar Manager is able to reassume responsibility or a replacement Bar Manager is elected by the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and manage the operation of the bar and lounge in the BBKCC, including but not limited to ordering stock and supplies, conducting the inventory checks and ensuring quantity/quality of bartenders is sufficient to meet the needs of the BBKCC booking/event schedule.
- Chair ad-hoc bar committees as required to review bar policies and operations.
- Ensure the BBKCC is in compliance with applicable bar regulations at all times.
- Special projects as requested by the Board of Directors and/or Executive Committee.
- Present detailed reports at the regular monthly meetings of the Board of Directors. This report is to include, but is not limited to number and type of event, bar staff names, forecasted 60 day schedule, expenditures and revenue.
- Prepare an annual report for the Annual General Meeting
- Meet monthly with bar staff. The meeting is to have at least one member of the Executive Committee present.
- Schedule bar staff.
- New bar staff is to be recommended by the Bar Manager and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Subject to at least one audit per month. The audit is to be carried out by at least two people at least one being a member of the Executive Committee.
- The Vice-Chair would serve as temporary assistant to the Bar Manager as required. If a more permanent assistant is required one will be recommended by the Bar Manager and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Bar staff is to meet regularly and individually with the Chair of the Board of Directors to discuss the performance of the Bar Manager.
- The Bar Manager must be a member of the Board of Directors at the BBKCC.
- Must have ability to follow directions.
- Knowledge of the community.
The Bar Manager’s performance is evaluated annually by the Board if Directors and is based on the carrying out of the responsibilities and duties as outlined above.
If you are interested in joining the BBKCC please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-865-5114